29 July 2006

Real Sex

[it's a book by Lauren F. Winner]

I was once asked what I would say to a friend whom I knew was having premarital sex; I told my interlocutor that the first step in speaking to my friends about sex was making sure that we enjoyed relationships built on top of hundreds of ordinary shared experiences--plays attended together and pumpkins carved together and accompanying one another on doctor's appointments and changing the oil together. To say this is not to side-step the question. Community doesn't come about simply by having hard, intimate conversations. Having hard, intimate conversations is part of what is possible when people are already opening up their day-to-day lives to one another."


In a nutshell, what I miss most about the Tanzania program and working with Wilderness Adventures.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I post the followig link to a picture of Dan and his father and grandfather, In regard to the recent post about hair, in case any of you are considering becoming intimate with him, you might want to know how he'll look in 30 and 50 years respectively.
Love,
me
http://garykath1.home.comcast.net/P5060009.JPG

tskd said...

Don't get me started Dan, I'll just start crying. :)

KJBLS said...

yeah, i missed the real sex in TZ, too.

just kidding.

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaa . . . .

Love the above comments . . .. lol

David