27 March 2006

amazing things

are happening.

indeed.


-------------
[edit]

a) wow. a thousand impassioned cries for justice, equality, and the kingdom of heaven, and what does it take to get you all to talk to me? someone to drop the "msichana" bomb. blood in the water...

b) some of us have real jobs, and we can't log in every five minutes to keep up with the latest gossip.

c) yes. sure. my meaningless and pathetically miserable existence, hunched in a darkened upper room with only my books and the meagre light of candles to keep me warm, could only be brightened by the advent of civilizing femininity. How have I borne the awful cares and toils of this world without the tender hands of a woman to lift me up from my cares and sorrows and make me complete? O, John Eldredge, I am the man without woman, without captivating romance and adventures, without hope in the world! Deliver me from my boredom, my listlessness, the vanity of my existence, for the bane of the single man is to know nothing but sorrow and a chasing after the wind...

d) yah know, i must have been so eagerly awaiting the joys of miscommunication, excruciating sexual tension, a strained and broken budget, differing mores and expecations, clashing gender roles, mood swings, emotional firestorms, blind mistakes with horrifying consequences, polite-relationships-with-her-obnoxious-friends, failed expectations, more miscommunication, isolation from friends, agonizing weeks of breaking up and getting back together only to break up again, not to mention something to do with all of my overabundant spare time!

e) I must be longing to escape the hell of singleness, with its mild stresses, cordial relationships, time for reading and laughing and watching movies, casual wardrobe, open and flexible schedule, freedom of expression, freedom to go and do without fear of offending some arcane and twisted feminine logic...

ya'll are hilarious.

except.

y'all are kinda right...

but I really have to go to work now. it's a twenty minute bikeride and I have twenty minutes to get there and I don't have my boots on yet.

I shall write more...baadaye.

:)

11 comments:

Dan said...

such suspense, what amazing things are happening?

sorry I missed you last weekend

Anonymous said...

labda pa moja msichana? hmmmm... wewe!
cheers!
kaka yako

tskd said...

yeah, i agree with your brother. none else could inspire such a response. ;) So, in the words of my husband: EXPOUND!

rebequinha said...

NOT FAIR!!!!!! C'mon, you've got me dying of curiosity here!!!!!

KJBLS said...

inflammatory thing!

inflammatory thing!

tskd said...

and for bexx, since Dan has NOT expounded yet,

msichana=girl

the reified bean said...

ya'll need to get jobs, you have too much spare time and imagination on your hands. i have to go to work now.

Anonymous said...

The grass is always greener... such as when all my single friends disappear in a cloud of smoke on their piki's... but I can't imagine myself without my wife. So what the heck - watch Good Will Hunting three times and go for it. At the very least you'll see a good movie!

Love you man-
Yo Bro

tskd said...

oooooo daniel lee holcomb, you are in BIG TROUBLE! get back on that blog right NOW! :)

Just kidding. You should call instead. Between 5:30-11pm weekdays or anytime weekends. becuase otherwise...we can't pick up. so it doesn't count. :)

KJBLS said...

dan. i'm. coming. up. to. buffalo. to. torture. you.

tell!

Anonymous said...

WOW didn't know you were such a hot topic until now did you?

Dave