22 June 2004

So, basically, this summer I have no days off. Sorry mom...we're looking at half-days scattered here and there, July 11th and maybe the 12th; it looks like the 25th-26th is clear so far, and then it's STEP II until the end of the summer at August 6th. Then it's back to Houghton by the evening of the 12th for Highlander.

Here's the recap: I'll be leading groups/prepping for STEP/leading STEP every day this summer except July 11th, 12th, 25th, and 26th, subject to change should outside groups decide to sign up for the ropes course. Naturally, those days will be filled with the revelry of writing papers from the Tanzania semester.

Note to the world: I'm looking for a way to leave Houghton the afternoon/night of August 6th in order to visit home in Michigan. If someone would like to loan me a motorcycle, I'll pay for gas, change the oil/brake fluid/spark plugs, and do my best to tune it and clean it up, and have it back by August 12th.

In the news, today is the last day before the final plunge: tomorrow we begin first STEP: our six-day hiking program for kids too young to go on the ten-day trips. Into the adventure!

No comments: