29 June 2004

Clean underwear (after the Ohio incident...I will never forget them again). Three lighters. Scrounged birchbark. Tent. Sleeping bag snug inside plastic. Journal. The Horse and His Boy. Stove. Fuel. Steel Wool. Three water bottles. Can opener. Knives. Emergency Insulating Layers. Clean socks. Wool Socks. Boots. Sandals. Missions/Global Relief and Development reading. Two pens. Four tennis balls. Travel alarm clock. Watch. Z-Rest foam pad. Hat. Three t-shirts. A pair of shorts, pants, and swim trunks. Four packstraps. String. Tales of the Kingdom. Bar of soap. Deoderant? Nah. CupBowlSpoon. Rain Gear. Sweater. Glasses case. Emergency Whistle. Compass. Map. Bandanna.

All that in one backpack! And I act like I'm packing light.

Tomorrow: we leave on ten-day STEP. My pack is ready. Am I?

We'll see...

...tomorrow.

Dan

ps--it would be so cool to get back from STEP in ten days and find an email from you. such events pretty much make my week. just a thought...

-dlh

No comments: