16 January 2007

London-Heathrow

garrrrr...

it's a long hike from Terminal 4 to Terminal 3. But, hey, the ticket counter lady just bumped me from the 4 pm flight to the noon flight, so I don't have a seven hour layover. Hooray! Instead I have five hours in DC. No biggie...maybe they can bump me up to an earlier connection in DC and I'll get to Rochester before Wednesday...that would be nice.

all right. This is expensive. And I'm officially broke. And going home...weather.com said 58 (F) in DC, and I said groovy, that will help me transition a little between sunny Africa and not-so-sunny America. And then I looked up Rochester, where, apparently, it's not enough to be 25 (F) (and thus below freezing) but also adjusted with wind chill down to 16 (F). Brrr....unpacking the wool hat already. Puttin' my thermals on midflight.

Well. I hope for a good movie over the Atlantic! I'm a-goin' hoooooome! Woooohooo!

2 comments:

Adventurer said...

Sounds like an awsome trip. Can't wait to hear more about it- Hope you get back safe.

-Seth

Anonymous said...

Did you bring back my shoes???

hahahahaa . . . . It was great to see you man, hope to repeat the experience sometime soon.

Thanks so much for itunes . . . . I just bought Holsts entire suite as recorded with the London Symphony. It's so cool! All that for only $7! . . . .

anyway, happy trails!

David