03 October 2005

[a recent heart-leaping moment]

I have always felt a dear spot in my heart for Catholics. I have always felt a vomitously wretched ulcer in my gut for church signs and their ability to pack arrogance and ignorance so efficiently and effectively into the noses of all who stand outside their walls.

So on the way back from Houghton, it was a moving and rather religious experience to witness a church that has finally, possibly, got the whole church-nonchurch relationship sorted out. It made my day:



Now, with due credit to Mr Brautigam for making the connection: the message of the gospel is a Pedro the Lion lyric from the song "Of Minor Prophets and their Prostitute Wives:"

"Come home, darlin'/All is forgiven/Please come home quickly."

And so Catholics in Arcade caught on...

3 comments:

Christopher said...

:)

Joy.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the acceptable year of the Lord. Reminds me of scripture, "Its good for the heart to be strengthened by grace"

Whitfield said...

We can only hope that others will follow their grace-led lead.